Monday, February 26, 2007

A Night

I just don't know
where to go
All the lines recede
inside of me

the pictures crack
I want them back
But to see again
is a pipe dream

you're falling
so softly now
you're falling away
you're falling ever with me now
together, apart, everyday

See the makeup smear my face
see the lines drawing a trace
the contours are what matter
the inside's just a bore

I feel, but then I linger
I faint, and then I fall
And through it all
I see you stand apart

Take this crazy heart
rip it and tear it asunder
you'll stop only to thunder
what was never to be

I cried a zillion times
when the phone broke out it's line
the sounds, it's pieces reflected
a lost and lonely life

that night, in the darkness,
'twas love and hate combined
And in me lay the pieces
What to do, not enough time

thanks a lot for choosing me
to suffer this heavy load
but that kiss you gave to me
let me somehow know
that it wasn't because of me
but for eternity

No comments: